I don't see mold, do we have it?
Mold can enter homes through open windows, vents, doorways, and heating and air conditioning systems. Mold grows well on organic products such as paper, wood, cardboard, and ceiling tiles. Mold can also grow on insulation, drywall, wallpaper, carpet, fabric, and upholstery. Mold can be controlled by cleaning and drying after water intrusion; having proper ventilation for showers, laundry, and cooking areas; making sure that windows, roofs, and pipes are free of leaks; and by controlling humidity levels. After moisture problems are alleviated it is recommended that mold removal be performed by a licensed contractor. Attempts to remove mold may cause mold spores to scatter and spread to other areas. In addition, treating mold without proper ventilation could result in health problems caused by the release of mycotoxins from the mold spores. (Great Plains Laboratory, Recommendations for Treatment)
It is not uncommon for homes we test result in mold being present even though there is not any visible mold growth.
If you're concerned about safely removing mold from your home, please call us today to schedule a free inspection